Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Wrote Something!

So for my Language Arts class we were given an assignment to write a poem about the environment, as part of a unit all four of my core classes are doing together about world population and sustainability. I decided, that even though it's not really about endangered species, I'd share the poem I wrote here. Hopefully it isn't that bad. Tell me if you like it (or put any helpful criticism) in the comments!

Make a Change

Do it for the gleaming sea fish,
for the glimmering stars that could grant a wish.
Do it for the towering redwood trees,
for the determined, honey-making bees.

Do it for the regal panda bear,
for the sleek and speedy hare.
Do it for the rolling green hills,
for the frozen Arctic sea that chills.

Do it for the majestic bald eagle,
for the beaches with cawing seagulls.
Do it for the shimmering prairie grasses,
for the monarch butterflies migrating in masses.

Do it for the butting mountain goats,
for the swimming otters that float.
Do it for the rocky land and the wide seas,
for the whole wide world’s needs.

Matthew Skelly
February 12, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment